Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Giving Thanks

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They feature a different top ten list every week. This week's topic is about giving thanks! I have so many things to be thankful for, both bookish and non bookish. 

1. My husband and my dog! They are my everything, so yes I must put them first on the list. My husband is so incredibly supportive and amazing in every way. My dog is pretty much the best dog on the planet, but I may be a bit biased on that one.
2. My family. I am so grateful for my entire family . . . my parents, niece and nephew, my grandmother and my aunts and uncles. We are a silly, silly bunch and I miss and love them so much.
3. I am so thankful that my husband got a job with the Navy that allowed us to live in Italy. Living here has been an amazing adventure and it has allowed us so many opportunities for travel around Europe. The next few years are going to be amazing and I will treasure every moment we are here.
4. Italian pocket coffee! These are little bites of chocolate with a shot of real Italian espresso in the middle. Mmm . . . these things are good! There were more than a few times when they gave me a much needed pick me up for NaNoWriMo. Too much caffeine gives me a migraine, so my limit is one at a time. That is enough though. My husband can always tell when I have had a pocket coffee. I get super duper hyper!
5. NetGalley and Edelweiss. So grateful for free books from generous publishers through these websites!

6. I am thankful I have the ability to work out. I know some people genuinely can't do some of the things I can because of illness or because they are in a wheelchair. I do not take my ability to work out for granted.
7. My health! Maybe this also goes with #5 a little bit. I have a form of muscular dystrophy. Aside from a very high arch in my foot and the need for ankle braces when I walk a lot because of clumsiness, I am still very physically active. My uncle actually had to retire when he was my age because his hands were so affected and he couldn't work anymore. I know others have been put in a wheelchair by the time they were my age. I am always so incredibly grateful for the fact that my disease doesn't affect me nearly as much as it could. I don't know if it will ever progress to that point, so I will take every second of freedom that I can get. 

8. My Kindle Fire! It's hard to believe, but there was a time when I resisted the Kindle. I was very stuck in my ways and thought it would be a betrayal to physical books to make the switch. Man, I am so glad that I did. I am such a speed reader so it is nice to have hundreds of books at my fingertips.

9. Lotion. Yeah, I know this is a weird one, but I moisturize ALL THE TIME. My husband says I might have a problem, but whatever. He has never complained that I am "too moisturized." Favorite lotion ever? Baby lotion! Yep, you heard me right. Baby Lotion. I have no kids, but I go through that stuff like crazy. I am thankful my grandmother taught me that one. It really does moisturize incredibly well.

10. I am thankful for YOU, my wonderful readers. Thank you for taking the time to read my posts!


And don't forget to enter my giveaway for my first year of blogging! I am so thankful that I am still blogging and that I love it!


What are you thankful for?

22 comments :

  1. Nice list!! I love it!! Here's a link to my TTT post this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/11/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-bookishbloggish.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful list!! Um pocket coffee is something I am pretty sure I need. Now. I did a bookish themed list and can't believe I forgot NG and EW!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I totally thought about you when I saw your list and noticed caffeine on it. I am pretty sure that you would adore pocket coffee. :)

      Delete
  3. My friend just brought me back some of those Pocket Coffees from her holiday - they are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a very good friend. They are so good!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful list! It's so nice to read about all the wonderful people, places (and coffee!) in your life. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving and another year of health and happiness!

    LIsa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

      Delete
  5. Being in great health is so lucky and yet people take for granted. Great Post!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Although I've never heard of pocket coffee. Where have I been?! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiddenstaircase.net, oh man pocket coffee would change your life! I know that it has changed mine. :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/top-ten-tuesday-32/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your list! I also love the gratitude you have for your health and fitness....it's a good reminder to us all not to take anything for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Italian pocket coffee ... I would probably have a crazy reaction this, but I want some. lol. What a great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! Yeah, the combination of chocolate and caffeine gives me a huge adrenaline rush. I get so hyper. Thank goodness I only eat one at a time. :)

      Delete
  10. I am a sucker for beauty products! I am going to leave you with my favorite lotion of all time: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/beauty-protector-beauty-cream-body-lotion

    I LOVE this lotion, LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thanks for the tip Lyn. I am going to check that one out!

      Delete