Monday, July 4, 2016

The Totally Should've Book Tag

I first saw Lyn @ Great Imaginations do this tag and I thought it looked like fun.
1. A book that totally should've had a sequel

Bird Box by Josh Malerman
This book didn't exactly end on a cliffhanger, but I know there was more that could have been told. This book was so creepy. I want more!

2. A book or series that totally should've had a spin-off

Room by Emma Donahue
I would love to see how Jack turned out as an adult.

3. An author that should totally write more books

Katja Millay
I freaking loved The Sea of Tranquility SO MUCH. It is one of all all time favorite books. I am not ashamed to say that I have stalked Katja Millay's Goodreads page more than once with the hopes that she is coming out with another book.

4. A character who totally should've ended up with someone else

Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
Of course this series hasn't ended yet, but the chances of Jess ending up with someone other than Morgan are close to zero. After reading this one, I fell in love with Glain a little bit. She is a total bad ass and I love her relationship with Jess. I really wish he would go for her instead of Morgan, who is kind of boring.

5. A book that totally should've ended differently


Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova 
This book was so beautiful and made me ugly cry more than once while reading it. The ending was a total cliffhanger though. I do understand why the author made the decision to end the book the way she did, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

6. A book series that totally should've had a movie franchise.

Daughter of Smoke And Bone by Laini Taylor
I have only read the first book in the series (so far), but I am in love with it and I think it would make an excellent movie!

7. A book or series that should've been a TV show.

Harry Potter by JK Rowling
I have only seen the first two movies and while they are good, I hate that they had to leave out certain scenes and information so it wouldn't be a crazy long movie. I think a TV show would have made the series come alive just a little bit more.

8. A book that totally should've had one POV

The Wrath and the Dawn series by Renee Ahdieh
I absolutely loved this series, but I feel like the author should have stuck with Shazi's POV and left it at that.

9. A book or series that totally should've had a cover change.


The Chocolate Heart by Laura Florand
I really loved this book, but the cover was just so boring.

10. A book or series that totally should've kept the original covers.

Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
Okay, I don't really hate the cover on the right, but why did they have to change it?? I like the cover on the left so much better!

11. A series that totally should've stopped at book one.

The Waverly Family series by Sarah Addison Allen
I loved Garden Spells, but First Frost was just kind of meh. It took place years after the first one ended and not a lot happened. The author really should have stopped at the first one.

I tag anyone who wants to do this one!

8 comments :

  1. I would love to see Jack as an adult! Great call there. I agree the cover change on that one wasn't bad but really no need to change it. a big YES to more from Katja Millay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I NEED something else from Katja Millay. I don't even care what it is. I know she can do no wrong. :)

      Delete
  2. This post is perfect. Completely agree with you on Paper and Fire - the current romance seems so lifeless to me, I've really grown to love Glain.
    And the new Legacy of Kings cover... I still can't understand how or why they changed it. The cover on the right just portrays an entirely different type of story in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan! I absolutely love Glain in Paper and Fire. She is just so much better than Morgan, I think.

      Delete
  3. OMG I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE LEGACY OF KINGS COVERS! :O I'm about to buy the second one and I kept thinking "This really doesn't match that well...I wonder why". But so they did a cover change?? Omg let me weep. LIFE IS SO UNFAIR SOMETIMES I CANNOT EVEN. Wahhh. Some of us are obsessed with matching covers and too poor to re-buy series omg. *shakes fist at publishers* 😂 XD
    Eeep, I haven't read Paper and Fire yet, but I wasn't thrilled about the romance in bk 1.
    I want to read Sea of Tranquility now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY MUST PUBLISHERS CHANGE THE COVERS ON US?!? Don't they understand what that does to us? And yes, you MUST read Sea of Tranquility!! It is the most beautiful book ever. It is one of my all time favorites. READ IT!!

      Delete
  4. This is so fun! So Legacy of Kings... I have to admit, I like the new cover. But I don't know that it was a necessary change, either. I am now super worried about Paper and Fire, even though I skimmed past the part- I haven't read book one yet but I want to love it idkkkk.

    Agree with Shazi's POV for sure! And while I know nothing about the book... someone should really call up the Chocolate Heart people and complain about the cover for real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, yeah I like the new cover, but I think I liked the other one better. Plus, the lack of matching just bugs me. I absolutely loved the first Paper and Fire. The sequel was good but not great (though a lot of others loved it). I just think the romance could be better. Isn't the cover for The Chocolate Heart awful? And since so many people get new covers after a while, I'm really surprised this one hasn't been updated. It needs to be badly!

      Delete